Ca Rule, Civil Rule – CIV § 2954.11. “ Installment mortgage ” indicates any loan given in subdivision (h) lengthened under an installment mortgage showcase.
Search California Codes
Look by Key Phrase or Citation
(a) As utilized in this area:
(1) “Open-end credit strategy” contains the meaning set forth in legislation Z of the government book program ( 12 C.F.R. 226.2(a)(20) ).
(2) “ Installment financing ” ways any mortgage given in subdivision (h) expanded under an installment mortgage highlight.
(3) “ Installment loan function ” suggests a feature of an open-end credit score rating arrange which provides for another subaccount from the open-end credit arrange pursuant that the principal of, and interest on, the loan connected with that subaccount will be paid back in considerably equal installments over a particular period without reference to the quantity outstanding under almost every other element of open-end credit program or the repayment routine according to the some other feature.
(b)(1) Except as if not given by statute, the borrower under any installment financing will be qualified for prepay the complete or any a portion of the installment loan, together with any accumulated interest, anytime.
(2) With respect to any installment loan, absolutely nothing contained in this section shall prevent a debtor from becoming obligated, by a contract on paper, to pay for a prepayment cost; but only a prepayment generated within five years of day the installment loan is manufactured might at the mercy of a prepayment charge and entirely as here established. A sum perhaps not exceeding 20 percent associated with earliest key amount of the installment loan are prepaid service in every one online title loans MO 12-month years without taking on a prepayment fee. A prepayment fee could be implemented on any amount prepaid in every 12-month course in excess of 20% in the original major number of the installment loan, which demand shall not go beyond a sum corresponding to the cost of 6 months’ advance interest about amount prepaid service over 20% of the initial major level of the installment financing.
(c) For purposes of subdivision (b):
(1) In the event the deed of confidence or financial obtains repayment in excess of one installment mortgage, each one of the installment financial loans will probably be deemed to own already been separately generated from the time the proceeds with the installment loan are advanced level.
(2) If the exceptional stability of that loan excellent pursuant to an open-end credit program thereafter becomes at the mercy of an installment mortgage element in the credit strategy, the loan will probably be deemed getting already been made whenever mortgage becomes susceptible to the installment loan feature, whether the feature had been offered at the debtor’s option under initial regards to the open-end credit score rating arrange or perhaps the ability thereafter became readily available upon modification on the earliest regards to the open-end credit score rating program.
(d) Notwithstanding subdivision (b), no prepayment charge could be enforced regarding an installment financing susceptible to this area or no of this following use:
(1) The residential structure securing the installment mortgage has become broken to these a degree by an all natural problem for which a state of crisis was declared from the Governor, pursuant to section 7 (starting with part 8550) of unit 1 of name 2 with the Government laws , the residential framework is not filled and prepayment was causally relevant thereto.
(2) The prepayment is created along with a bona-fide sale from the actual house securing the installment loan.
(3) The lender doesn’t comply with subdivision (e).
(4) The expression of the installment financing is actually for only five years additionally the original major level of the installment loan is actually less than five thousand dollars ($5,000).
(e)(1) The lender receiving a borrower’s duty to cover a prepayment fee approved by subdivision (b) shall provide the debtor with a written disclosure describing the presence of the prepayment charge obligation, the circumstances under that your prepayment fee will probably be payable, in addition to way the number of the prepayment charge will probably be determined. If subdivision (f) supplies the debtor with the right to rescind the installment financing together with related duty to pay for a prepayment fee, the disclosure required by this subdivision shall additionally inform the debtor of this to rescind, how and when to exercise suitable, and locations to post or bring a notice of rescission.